As my visits to Tasti D-Lite became increasingly frequent, I realized what kept me coming back was the excitement and intrigue that comes with the flavors of the day. Why every flavor looks like chocolate or vanilla is as much a mystery to me as it is to you, but this blog aims to serve as a repository for reviews on and pictures of each Tasti flavor--enjoy!

Have pictures, reviews, or news? E-mail tastidlited@gmail.com!

Monday, November 5, 2007

Closed for the Season

Yesterday, I experienced one of the most horrible occurrences of my life. It had been four days since my last Tasti fix, and I had the feeling that the flavors of the day were going to be goodies. I thought of all the times this week I was going to go to Tasti, making the most of the time before it got really cold. As I walked down High St., through some sort of Pavlovian conditioning, my mouth began to water, and I got excited. Until I was confronted with one of the greatest shocks of my life.


My local Tasti D. The only Tasti D in the entire state of Connecticut. Covered up. Closed. For the Season. This is a hardship I certainly would wish upon no one. What does "the season" entail? Is it not going to open until March!? Why would they do this? How much could it cost to operate one Tasti location through the long, hard winter? We all need all the happiness we can get come wintertime. And with no warning! Just sprung upon me--as if the teacher didn't announce a pop quiz at the beginning of class, but a pop exam.


So. Alas. I clearly I have no choice in the matter, so there will be little-to-no Tasti the rest of this "season." As for Tasti D-Lited, it will obviously slow down as well. I should be in New York several times this season and will certainly make several Tasti excursions. (Send in reviews of your own, if you're in Tasti range!) I will continue reporting on Tasti news and Pinkberry/rivals news, but that certainly only comes in spurts.

In any case, this is a sad day for all. Let us mourn.

1 comment:

Sarah Turbow said...

AH! Sad! It's as though there's no meaning in life.