As my visits to Tasti D-Lite became increasingly frequent, I realized what kept me coming back was the excitement and intrigue that comes with the flavors of the day. Why every flavor looks like chocolate or vanilla is as much a mystery to me as it is to you, but this blog aims to serve as a repository for reviews on and pictures of each Tasti flavor--enjoy!

Have pictures, reviews, or news? E-mail tastidlited@gmail.com!

Thursday, November 1, 2007

Columbia Pinkberry Report

Our New York correspondent NYC TB sends us a report on a trip to the new Columbia Pinkberry. Note to all: avoid the "shaved ice."
The shaved ice was basically the kitchen sink. And it cost $8. And it was ridiculous. And I think Lili is the only person who has ever ordered it. It was ridonkulous. Pinkberry is always crowded but I think it's just the novelty. It's SO EXPENSIVE too. And I tried getting the medium with three toppings for lunch and I was hungry by 4 and I had lunch at 1. It's good, but not extraordinary in anyway, and definitely doesn't have whatever it is that is so amazing about jamba that is so consistently godly. Maybe the fact that jamba doesn't have this weird mystique and is always fun and happy and would you like a free boost? Pinkberry is good occasionally, but I definitely can't afford to go there every day. I've been getting original with bananas, strawberries, and kiwi, which is a good mixture of different textures as well as mild and strong, sweet and sour tastes. Original is REALLY GOOD with bananas. I'm thinking of getting the medium sometime and just asking for three servings of bananas because they're awesome!
Still too early to tell what effect this Pinkberry will have on the popular Columbia Tasti D in what is the first real Tasti-Berry showdown.

No comments: