As my visits to Tasti D-Lite became increasingly frequent, I realized what kept me coming back was the excitement and intrigue that comes with the flavors of the day. Why every flavor looks like chocolate or vanilla is as much a mystery to me as it is to you, but this blog aims to serve as a repository for reviews on and pictures of each Tasti flavor--enjoy!

Have pictures, reviews, or news? E-mail tastidlited@gmail.com!

Thursday, March 12, 2009

First Impressions of New Store Design

So my Peanut Butter Cup reunion with Tasti D-Lite didn't turn out to be the best, but more exciting than the treat was seeing what the new updated stores look like!





I have to say I was pretty impressed. The location (UES) was pretty much a hole in the wall, but they made it look good. Even next to "Hot 'n Crusty," the store seemed classy, modern, and fun. The new logo looks great, as does the new menu board. All sorts of food items are promoted now--the smoothies, sundaes, and shakes. I'm looking forward to trying them all this summer. I didn't snag a picture of it, but there was an LCD screen in the store, too, displaying hip local information.

In any case, I've got to say I'm pretty impressed with the results. Tasti's rebranding was accomplished quite masterfully, despite the closure of a substantial percentage of its stores in the process. Woot.

2 comments:

bj.emerson said...

Sam, you have got to stop by the 60th and Broadway Tasti D-Lite flagship location. Talk to Billy or Michelle and mention my name. Looking forward to catching up with you in the city sometime.

Anonymous said...

great prof pic! also i have never seen a tasti as large as this one