As my visits to Tasti D-Lite became increasingly frequent, I realized what kept me coming back was the excitement and intrigue that comes with the flavors of the day. Why every flavor looks like chocolate or vanilla is as much a mystery to me as it is to you, but this blog aims to serve as a repository for reviews on and pictures of each Tasti flavor--enjoy!

Have pictures, reviews, or news? E-mail tastidlited@gmail.com!

Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Chocoleche

After having Chocoleche, I finally decided it was time for a "GeneriChocolate" tag. There are a number of Tasti flavors that just aren't different enough from Dutch Chocolate to warrant a coveted spot on the dispenser. The ubiquity of GeneriChocolate flavors actually gives a fair amount of insight into what makes a good flavor--something interesting and different from the standard Chocolate/Vanilla, but not nothing too crazy that it's just bad. Tasti's at it's best when it weaves this balance correctly with flavors like Tiramisu or Creamsicle. That said, GeneriChocolates are fine--they are certainly delicious--but never warrant more than one or two stars for lack of creativity or X-factor. In any case, I thoroughly enjoyed my Chocoleche, but certainly can't remember how it's taste different from plain old Chocolate.

D-LIST (2 of 4 stars)

90 calories/serving

No comments: