As my visits to Tasti D-Lite became increasingly frequent, I realized what kept me coming back was the excitement and intrigue that comes with the flavors of the day. Why every flavor looks like chocolate or vanilla is as much a mystery to me as it is to you, but this blog aims to serve as a repository for reviews on and pictures of each Tasti flavor--enjoy!

Have pictures, reviews, or news? E-mail tastidlited@gmail.com!

Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Cake Batter

The act of purchasing Tasti D-Lite today was highly unusual--the closest location to my office is a weird little "Candy Shop" on 38th and Madison. Most suprising? There was a cat in the store! This Tasti Cat (as my friend Sarah called it) was quite cute and clearly had to be in the picture.

The presence of a cat somewhat made up for the kind of bland flavor. I didn't have the highest expectations for Cake Batter--it didn't have much flavor and was just very vanilla-y. It did taste fairly refreshing though on a hot day. I got half Peanut Butter because I couldn't resist myself, and the mixture improved upon Cake Batter--but mostly because it was just a diluted version of one of my favorite flavors. No need to crank up the Flavor Locator for this one.

D-LIST (2 of 4 stars)

80 calories/serving

1 comment:

Kate @ Manhattan Actress said...

What a coincidence to run across your blog! I stumbled upon it from a link on the tasti d lite blog -- who knew they had a blog, right? Anyways, the 38th and Mad location is where I frequently go when our 39th and 6th location decides to close early (which they can, since there are no posted hours...)! I have to disagree with you on the cake batter, though. It's my favorite flavor to date!